Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

21 Day Fix... day 18

It's official.  I am a blogging slacker.  I think about it every day, but I just never seem to make it to my computer.

Well it's Day 18.  I have no idea what I weigh, but I can tell you... my clothes are fitting much differently than they were 18 days ago.  I have dropped a solid size in this 18 days.  From a 12 to a 10, and I feel much more comfortable in my clothes than I have in a long time. 

I have received several comments from people, ranging from "You're looking thinner" to "Dang, girl..."  ha ha.  My husband remarked the other day that I will need some new clothes if I continue on this path.  He is definitely right about that.  I only have a handful of items in size 7, and that's my goal.  The waistline in my 10's is loosening up a lot too.  By the end of next round, I'm hoping to have dropped another size.  I decided that when I get down to a 7/8, I'll go pick out a dress for my son's wedding in December.  I really didn't want to buy a 12. 

I have had a couple of challenges this last week: 

On Friday, I was so busy that I hardly sat down from morning until night, only to discover that the water heater went out.  I never got a workout in, and it's a good thing, because there would have been NO SHOWER after.  Yuck.  Since I missed the workout on Friday, I did Friday's Cardio on Saturday, and Dirty 30 on Sunday, and then started the week with no rest day.  I'm not sure if it was good for my body, but I figured I got my rest day on Friday.

On Saturday, I took a whole carful of kids to Knotts Berry Farm.  It was a fun, exhausting day.  Of course, when they got hungry, those teenagers went straight for that fry place that I LOVE!  I ate one plain fry, and one chili cheese fry and then refrained from all other fries.  I just keep thinking about my end goal...  and that makes it a little easier. 

On Sunday, we traveled to Alpine Village with some friends to celebrate a birthday.  We ate at a German Deli, and oh... let me tell you, it was so good.  I was really at a loss as to what to order.  The menu was in German, and when I asked her about stuff on the menu, my German friend just said, "That's good; that's really good; that's SO good."  She was so excited about authentic German food that I wasn't going to get a better answer than that.  In the end, I picked a stuffed cabbage roll, with fried potatoes and marinated cucumbers.  I wish I had taken a picture - it was SO MUCH FOOD!  So I took a to-go box right off the bat and divided it up into two portions, and then I happily ate half my food and saved the other half for later. (Which I ate for dinner)  Everett, Mariah and I took enough food home in that to-go container that we had a very complete dinner.  I traded him the fried potatoes for the green beans for dinner.  Amazingly, I didn't go over on carbs.

Also, with challenges, come successes!!!

I held a plank for 60 seconds today.  That is a huge success for me.  On day 1 I could barely hold 15 seconds.  Plank is not for sissies.  That is a hard exercise. 

Pants:  I have been wearing skirts every day because my pants were so uncomfortable.  I'm happily wearing the black chinos, the regular jeans and the tan wranglers again.  Makes me very happy.

I didn't take a single food photo this week...  I really must commit to this blogging thing, huh?  Sorry...

I leave you with this:
 
Be grateful for your many blessings!
Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment