Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

21 day fix - Day 1-2

Hello friends,
It's only day two and I already have to play catch up!  I SO wanted to blog every day, but seriously, the fact that I'm still even alive is amazing.  This is hard; it's exhausting; it's a challenge; what else can I say?  Oh yeah, it's AWESOME!

This is my starting lineup:  It's not too pretty.  Like I said before, I'm about 20 lbs overweight for my height.  I also said before that I'm a Mormon, so that means I won't be posing in any sportsbras or the like.  I'm sure you're all grateful that I'm choosing to be modest.  I know I certainly am. 

Let's talk about Day 1:
It was my first day on the fix, officially.  Luckily, I had some time to prepare.  I meal planned, did my shopping, and did some food prep over the weekend, before officially starting on Monday.  I asked the hubs to grill some extra chicken that I could use this week, which he did.  That went into a container and into the fridge.  I chopped veggies for stir fry and placed them in pre-measured servings, and into the fridge, I made some crab ceviche for lunches and some hard boiled eggs.  I felt prepared and ready to go.  

Here's what was on the meal plan:
Breakfast:  Greek Eggs  (found these on Variety by Vashti and they are YUM! Here's the recipe) with sliced tomatoes (1 green, 1 red, 1 orange)
Snack: Apple (1 purple)
Lunch: Ceviche and homemade corn tortilla chips (8) (1 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow)
Snack: Yogurt (1 red)
Dinner: Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce (1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow)


Here's a pic of the greek eggs.  Do not be alarmed.  This is a small plate.  I learned long ago that if you want to eat less, eat off of a small plate.  It's not quite a cake plate, but it's definitely not a dinner plate.  Somewhere in between.  About 2/3 size, perhaps.  I am not a food photographer (obviously).  Be glad I took a picture at all.  It was so yummy and I could not wait to eat it. I had to force myself to cut each egg into four pieces to pace myself!

About an hour after the workout - Total Body Cardio - the stiffness and soreness began.  Oh, how it began...  but I could handle it.  No problem. 

I had a visit with my doctor Monday afternoon, so I took the opportunity to talk to her about the program I was on.  She was happy to hear that I was working toward shedding those extra pounds, and just reminded me to get in a multi-vitamin and those very important omegas.  Since I don't really eat fish at present, I knew I'd have to supplement it, so I picked up both at the market.  I chose flaxseed oil pills for the omegas, but the next time I'm at Sams Club, I'm planning to pick up some white fish, and make it for lunches a few times a week.  We'll see how that goes. 

By Monday night, I was stiff and sore as could be.  I figured I'd be better on Tuesday. 

ENTER TUESDAY.  Day 2:

WRONG!!!

Tuesday was worse.  I should have known.  After all I said that I am not a stranger to exercise.  This was no normal soreness.  I felt like I got hit by a train.  Off to work I went, walking like an old woman. 

Here's the meal plan for Tuesday:
Breakfast:  Shake - oh my goodness YUCK.  I can't really afford Shakeology, so I went with a lesser brand.  For the greater good, I choked it down.  It. was. horrible.  You know what else?  I was absolutely STARVING by my 10:20 break.  (1 Red)
Snack: 2 Cuties - wolfed them down.  I'm surprised I even stopped to peel them.  (1 purple)
Lunch: Ceviche (again) and homemade chips. (1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Yellow)
Snack: Apple with 1 tsp almond butter to dip in.  (1 Purple, 1 tsp)
Dinner:  Chicken Stir Fry (chicken, rice, veggies, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil) (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 Green, 1 tsp)

So far so good on the food plan.  My husband comments about the amount of food that's on my plate at dinner.  It's a lot.  It's balanced.  It looks awesome.  I wish I had taken a picture of the stir fry before I wolfed it down and ran off to a church meeting, but I didn't.  No time.  Next time!!!

The soreness is the hardest part.  I pushed through the upper body workout and even the abs without too much difficulty.  It's hard, don't get me wrong.  It's super hard.  These workouts may only be 30 minutes, but they are no joke. 

I took some advil at about 9pm, in hopes of waking up feeling a little better.  I have never been so sore in my entire life. 

I'll update tomorrow!
Be grateful for your many blessings!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment