Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 4

Hello Friends!
Remember a couple of nights ago when I said I was SO sore?  And that I couldn't sleep because of the pain?  It was awful.  Well, that night, half asleep, I went into the bathroom and took some Ibuprofin, and then went back to sleep.  Seriously huge mistake.  Within about 15 minutes I woke up again, with terrible stomach cramps, so I stumbled out to the kitchen to drink a few ounces of milk.  I thought I felt better.  Two days later, my stomach still doesn't feel right.  Whenever it gets empty, it hurts.  I'm not hungry, but it hurts.  It really hurts.  Add that to my muscle soreness and I have been really miserable yesterday and today.
 
I'm working through it.  I'm not giving up.  I haven't given up on the workouts, and I won't give up on the diet.  I know that this is all just an adjustment period, and that it will take a while to get acclimated. 

Today was a good day.  It was Pilates day.  It was my first time EVER doing Pilates.  I liked it a lot.  I'm pretty sure that my abs will be screaming tomorrow, but hey, it's just a merry go round of pain this week.  I can handle it.  I'll just keep pushing through.

So, on to today's menu: 

Day 4: Thursday
Breakfast:  Egg Salad with Tomatoes (1 Red, 1 Green)
Snack: Cantaloupe (1 Purple) I was going to eat this at breakfast, but I got full, so I just took it to work for snack.
Lunch: A treat!  Had Pho with Melissa and our girls.  (More on that in a minute: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green)
Snack: Apple with almond butter (1 Purple, 1 tsp)
Dinner:  Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta - (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/2 green, 1 tsp) Oh my goodness this is SO good.  Here's the link to Pinterest, where I found it.  http://www.thesimplyanchoredblog.com/2015/06/lemon-garlic-chicken-pasta.html




A couple of comments about today: 
The egg salad I make is super easy.  Just take two hardboiled eggs, a celery stalk - diced, a dollop of greek yogurt and Dijon mustard and stir.  I added in celery seed and dill, and a little salt and pepper, but you can leave those out if you're a purist. 

Pho wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I took along my containers, and asked for an extra bowl.  I pulled the meat out, then the noodles, then the veggies and put them in their containers, and then into the smaller bowl.  It was filled!  Then I gave the rest of the noodles to my daughter, who happily gobbled them up.  End of temptations!!!  I really should have been better about taking a picture of my food!!!  It was so wonderful that we're going to do it again next week!

The Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta: I made a couple of changes to this recipe, that I wanted to share.  First of all, it called for 1 cup of fresh parsley.  I'm not a huge fan of parsley, so I substituted it for cilantro.  Different taste, I know, but I am a huge cilantro fan.  I added about a tablespoon of dried parsley to the sauce, just so it would be there.  The last change was that I served it over rice, not pasta.  This was only because we'd been eating spaghetti for a couple of days, and I had some leftover rice in the fridge that I wanted to use.  My husband tends to be (a little) picky about new dishes but he loved this one.  It was so flavorful, with the tomatoes and the cilantro and the lemon, and the whole thing was just so fresh and yummy.  This is a dish I will definitely make again.  Thank you to The Simply Anchored Blog for this yummy inspiration!!!! 

Well, another day that I call a success!!!  I'm a little less sore today - yay, but who knows what tomorrow will bring!  I'll let you know!

Be grateful for your many blessings!!!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment