Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 5-6

Hello friends,

I have no idea what happened to yesterday.  Somewhere in between work, the grocery store, babysitting a couple of kids, feeding the missionaries, and of course, my workout, I completely forgot to journal my day. 

Friday was Cardio Fix.  I was really nervous that I'd be super sore again, but thankfully, I wasn't.  I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm no longer too proud to follow Kat, the lady who does the modifications.  I'm 43 years old, and I'm pretty significant on the out-of-shape scale.  The first day I worked to keep up with Autumn, but please....  that was never going to happen.  I paid for that pride ALL WEEK LONG!   

I'm feeling a lot better. The soreness is much less, just a little here and there, and my thighs.  They hurt a lot.  My only complaint at this point is my stomach.  It hasn't been the same since I took those advil on an empty stomach two days ago. 

Here's a look at the menu for Friday:

Breakfast:  Overnight oats with strawberries (1 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow)
Snack: Apple with 1 tsp almond butter for spreading (1 purple, 1 tsp)
Lunch:  Buffalo chicken salad lettuce wraps (1 green, 1 red) YUM!
Snack: lunchmeat, veggies and cheese (1 blue, 1 red, 1 green)  this is a small plate...



Dinner: Slow cooker Mexican Chicken.  (1 green, 1 red, 1/2 purple, 1 yellow)
I found this one on Pinterest: Christine Pechulis' blog  http://christinepechulis.blogspot.com/2015/03/easy-slow-cooked-creamy-mexican-chicken.html?m=1
It was seriously good.  I ended up eating it without another yellow added (no rice, or tortillas though - because I'd had those overnight oats for breakfast - poor planning)

Saturday:
We woke up this morning and decided that while Everett had a little work to do, Mariah and I would head over to Knott's Berry Farm for a few rides before it got too hot or too crowded.  We were half right.  She got to ride about 6 rides in two hours, but it was 96 by the time we left.  We were drenched in sweat.  Yuck! 

The hardest thing about Knott's is the food.  It's SO good.  My favorite is the loaded fries.  They have fries with Nachos; fries done like the In-n-Out Animal Style; jalapeno cheese fries; chili fries; and my fave: the carne asada fries.  Imagine a carne asada burrito with all of the toppings just dumped out on top of French fries.  Oh yum.  I suffered a little.  I think when the fix is over I'll take a one day break and go to Knotts and eat fries til I'm sick, and then jump on another 21 days.  Or not.  Oh!  and there's this place called the Ghost Town Grill that serves the most amazing and ginormous hamburgers, and they have a buffalo chicken salad that is to DIE FOR! 

Anyway - - I can dream, right? 

I'm just about done with week one, and I couldn't resist a little look on the scale.  Down three pounds.  I'm happy with that.  Hopefully I can keep up that speed. 

Today's menu was YUM.  This is what is broke down like:

Breakfast:  Overnight oats - no fruit this time:  (1 red, 1 yellow)
Snack: Apple with almonds (1 purple, 1 blue)
Lunch: Spaghetti squash spaghetti - YUM-O! (1 1/2 green, 1 orange, 1 tsp)
Snack: Turkey and green salad with balsamic drizzle (1 red, 1 green)
Dinner: Baked Tilapia, Cilantro lime rice and butter nut squash French fries (they are a green, not a yellow!)  (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
That was a good dinner!  I made a pot of rice yesterday for my family to eat with the Mexican chicken, and saved the leftovers.  That makes rice super easy, anytime.  Yes, I know, it's white rice.  I'm not about to throw away what I have in the house.  I'll make the transition to wheat pasta/ brown rice as we run out of stuff.  I'm too frugal to throw away perfectly good food.  The butternut squash fries were baked and then dusted with curry powder and may I say: WOW!  They totally took care of that fry craving I had earlier. 

This is what I did while I was eating that yummy dinner - - here's a different perpective: 
MEAL PLANNING!!!!  It's so important.  You just can't wing it.  You have to plan, plan, plan.  If I get some time tomorrow, I'm going to prep some food for my week.  If not, I'll do it on Monday. 

The hard part of this first week is done, tomorrow is Yoga, and also the Sabbath, so I'm going to go to church and be grateful for my many blessings.  I hope you are too. 

See you on Monday!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment