Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello, blogging universe!

Hey Blogger Universe, it's me!  I'm back with another blog that probably no one will read.  That's okay.  Just like my gardening blog, I intend it for a journal and not much more.  If anyone reads it, well, fabulous. 

I guess I should start by introducing myself.  My name is Dawn, and I'm a 43 year old California Native, a wife and mom of three great kids: 21, 13 and 6, and two beautiful and talented stepdaughters: 23 and 27.  Yeah, I know.  No one spaces their kids like that on purpose, and I didn't either.  God gives us blessings and who are we to argue the timeframe in which he gives them to us? I have an amazing husband who is truly my most favorite person in the whole world, and he's handsome, too!  I'm a paraeducator for our local school district.  It's a new job for me, but I am in love with it.  I love the work, I love the kids, and I think the teacher I work with is just fantastic.  I am in a really great place in my life.  I'm also a Mormon; a follower of Jesus Christ. 


Everett and me, Christmas 2014 
These are my kids, together for the first time since Christmas, just a few weeks ago.  The girls and I traveled to Tennessee to see my son and meet his fiancée (!!!).  It was great to grab a few photo opps of them together.  Shown here are: Mariah, 6; Sean, 21; and Grace, 13 going on 21.

I would love to post a real family picture here.  However,  my stepdaughters live in Massachusetts and Connecticut, my son is in the Army in Tennessee, my daughter goes to school in Pennsylvania, and my husband, youngest daughter and I live in California.  We're home base for everyone, but they don't get here at the same time very often, so let me tell you, a family picture is pretty hard to come by!  (I'm hoping to fix that problem this December, when we have everyone in the same place for Christmas.  If I get a picture, I'll post it here for sure.  That will be a momentous occasion!!!)

I intend to use this blog to share all sorts of stuff: recipes; crazy craft ideas; a little bit about my life; and most recently - The 21 Day Fix.  The Fix was sort of a late addition to this blog - more about that later.  When I first started this blog, I wanted to document the process of teaching my youngest child to cook.  I haven't abandoned that idea, but she hasn't been as enthusiastic about it as I'd hoped, so for now, she gets small tasks that hopefully will grow into larger tasks. 

On Monday, Sept 21st, I started the BeachBody 21 day fix. My best friend, Melissa, recommended it to me, after I witnessed an amazing transformation in her, and I couldn't argue with her results. I'm no stranger to BeachBody programs.  I've been a fan of Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire for years.  I also love exercise, when I make the time for it.  I LOVE Zumba!  During the last school year, I went to Zumba every day after dropping the Pipsqueak off at Kindergarten.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen the weight loss that I really need to see. I started working, and Zumba was harder and harder to get to, and finally I stopped going.  I joined Planet Fitness, because for $10 a month, who could argue with that?!  I found quickly that I need more guidance than I get there. The 21 day fix is a great fit for me, because I'm able to eat food that I prepare, and I can work the short (but super intense, oh my goodness) workouts into my life. 

My son is getting married in December, and I really want to look fantastic for his pictures.  I don't want to look at his wedding pictures and cringe, because all I see is that 20 pounds that I have hanging around for no good reason.

So that's where we're going to start.  Wish me luck.  Follow along if you want to - I'll be here!

Be kind to one another, and be thankful every day.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment