Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 3

Hello Friends!

Remember how I said that I was sore after the first couple of days?  Remember I said, "No problem, I can handle it?"  Yeah, well, now we have a problem. 

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AUTUMN CALABRESE IS KICKING THIS GIRL'S BOOTIE!  And isn't that the point?  I know, I know, it is. 

Last night, I took Advil before bed.  By 3:30 a.m., I woke up because I was hurting so bad.  Everything hurts.  There's nothing on my body, except maybe my hands and feet, and my calves, that doesn't hurt!  (Autumn took care of the calves today with the Lower Body Fix Workout!)  I'm sure that by tomorrow the calves will hurt too - I mean, why not join in the party! 

All day I kept thinking about the lower body workout.  I can hardly sit on a chair or a toilet without holding on to something for support! How on earth am I going to do a lower body workout?

I voiced my concerns to my best friend, Melissa, who has been through the fix several rounds now.  She has lost all the weight she wanted to, and she looks lean and strong and just fantastic.  She's been sort of my unofficial coach.  We check in daily, share what we're eating, and she supports me so awesomely.  I hope she feels the same way about me.  Here's what she had to say:


After reading this, I thought, "What have I gotten myself in to?"  I have never been this sore.  Never. 

 I just did it.  I didn't squat as low as I might have before this soreness set in, but I did it.  I finished the workout and just patted myself on the back and moved on.  Today's hard work is done, and tomorrow is another day. 

Here's my meal plan for today:

Wednesday - Day 3
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, mashed with avocado and served with 8 Triscuit crackers.  (1 red, one blue, 1 yellow)  This was so yummy!
Snack: Yogurt
Lunch: Chicken Salad: Diced grilled chicken, minced onions, celery, a spoonful of plain greek yogurt and a spoonful of Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and a little celery seed mixed well and served lettuce wrap style in romaine leaves. (1 green, 1 red)
Snack: 2 tangerines (1 purple)
Dinner:  Leftover spaghetti with meat sauce (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)
Here's a look at tonight's dinner.  Excuse the divided plate - I needed to do dishes!



I also found a little treasure at the Dollar Tree today: 

Lime flavored fizzy water!  I poured it into a glass with ice and added a slice of lemon and a slice of orange and it's so YUM!  They were $1/4 at Dollar Tree.  I am totally going back for more before they are gone!  I might just buy all of them, so you'll just have to find your own Dollar Tree!

So after day 3, I have to say:  I feel awful.  I'm so sore that I almost can't think about anything else.  Unless I'm sitting and then it's just my abs that are sore, and I'm okay...  UNTIL I TRY TO STAND UP!  Ha ha...  I swear I moan and groan more than my 91 year old Grandmother, and she's got lots of good reasons to moan and groan!!!  I know that I just have to push through this initial soreness, and then I'll be better, and stronger, and that's what this is all about.  I have to take it one day at a time, but I have to look at the bigger picture, too.  It's going to be worth it. 

Be grateful for your many blessings!!!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment