Welcome to my Kitchen!

Everything happens in the kitchen: we visit; we do homework; we plan; we prep; we cook and of course, we eat! Join me and my family as we share our kitchen (and our adventures) with you.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

21 day fix, day 7-10

Hello friends:

Wow, it's a good thing nobody reads this blog because I am a SLACKER! 

Today is Day 10.  I haven't let up.  I haven't cheated.  I haven't given up.  I am feeling stronger every day. 

I don't see a lot of difference in the pictures yet - but hey, it's only been a week.  I feel like maybe the side view is a bit improved.  We'll see after week 3. 
Week 2 is a totally different experience from week 1.  I feel much more prepared for each workout.  Maybe it's because I know what to expect, and I KNOW I can do it.  I'm not as intimidated, for sure.  Also, I'm not sore this week like I was last week.  There's still some muscle soreness, but last week it was crippling...  this week it's just a little annoying. 

The other coolest new development: 
WEIGHTS!  I went looking for weights on Monday, and they are SO EXPENSIVE!  Well, out of my budget anyway.  I was telling my co-worker on Tuesday how I was disappointed not to have them, and today, she showed up with THESE!!!!!  She said they were just gathering dust in her garage.  Life is good!  Today's leg workout was so much different with weights!!! 

So here's the menu from Sunday- Wednesday.

Sunday - Day 7
Bfast: Egg and veggie scramble (1 red, 1 green)
Snack: grapes & almonds- easy to eat at church in between classes.  (1 purple, 1 blue)
Lunch: Tilapia tacos (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)
Snack: skip - I got busy
Dinner:  Juan Pollo Rotisserie Chicken, white rice, broccoli (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)

Monday:
Bfast: Overnight oats (1 red, 1 yellow)
Snack: grapes & almonds (1 purple, 1 blue)
Lunch: ground turkey, spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce
Snack:salsa boat deviled eggs (1 red) - use hot sauce instead of salsa
Dinner: (Beef Stroganoff with rice & salad  (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)  YUM
Recipe from Erin Nichols Fitness http://erinnicholsfitness.blogspot.com/2015/05/healthy-beef-stroganoff-with-greek.html?m=1
I made it with a beef roast and shredded the beef, but followed the recipe other than that.  SO GOOD!!!! (1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 tsp)

Tuesday:
Bfast:  Breakfast sandwich (Fried egg, 1 sausage patty, 1/2 English muffin), tomatoes (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)  I bought these tiny little sausage patties that are 2x per serving, and I only used one and rolled it out so it's bigger and thinner. 

Snack: apple and almonds (1 purple, 1 blue)
Lunch: Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps (1 red, 1 green)
Snack:  Veggies and turkey (1 green, 1 red)
Dinner: Parmesan Chicken with spaghetti.  I left the cheese off of mine.  (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Breakfast sandwich & tomatoes (I could eat these every day)  (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)
Snack: grapes and almonds
Lunch: ground turkey with spaghetti sauce and spaghetti squash (1 red, 1 green)
Snack: Apple (1 purple)  Have I mentioned how happy I am that Honeycrisp apples are on sale?
Dinner:  Leftover night!!!  Leftover stroganoff with rice and butternut squash soup.  (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green)


Food Prep:

 
Saturday night I did some food prep for the first few days of the week.  I think food prep is crucial for my success in this program.  I can not wing it.  It's all about planning and prepping.  I have to know what I'm eating and when I'm eating it.  If I come home from work starving, and there isn't something to eat, I'm going to eat something I shouldn't. 

So here you'll see:  Spaghetti Squash, overnight oats, buffalo chicken salad, rice, veggies, and ground seasoned turkey.  This stuff saved me the first few days of this week.  Now it's time to do it again. 

I find that I can't really prep and plan for more than about four days.  I don't like to accumulate too many leftovers.  I usually try to have a leftover night, like tonight, so that I can use it all up. Tonight Mariah had chicken parmesan, Everett had Mexican creamy chicken, and I had stroganoff.  It really helps to use up everything, plus it frees up space in the fridge and wastes less food.  I absolutely hate food waste.  You might as well take 15% of your grocery budget and throw it in the trash.  For me, that's about $60 a month.  Ridiculous!  There's a lot I could do with $60!  (Think Disney passes....)

Anyway, that's where we are for day 10. 
I have a couple of challenges coming up this week.  Saturday we are going to Knotts Berry Farm, and those loaded fries will be calling me...  but I will resist.  I WILL RESIST.  Doesn't mean it's easy, though.  Sunday we are taking a field trip to Alpine Village to get some German food, for a friend's birthday.  I don't know what I'm going to eat there, but I'm going to save my carbs for lunch, that's for sure!

Wish me luck.
Be grateful for your many blessings, and behave in a way that they're grateful for you, too.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment